Saturday, February 7, 2009

Still at 25nl, crazy heater.

Cyanide and Happiness, a daily webcomic
Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net


As I mentioned in the last post, me and my staker/coach split. I emailed him about a week and a half ago saying I was ready to start with him, and he said fine, he would coach me in a few days. I played 25nl up til this time, assuming the splitting the profits would start after the first coaching session, when I started at 50nl. Anyway a few days later we start talking on AIM and he asks how I'm doing and that he would take any money tomorrow. Small fight about me having to pay him half my 25nl profits and we split. No biggie. I'm delighted we split. I'm happy at 25nl for the moment.

This week has been disgusting. I have got v. v. lucky in so many spots. Two outering all over the shop. I almost feel bad. Over 23k hands I have been running at 7ptBB/100, $56 an hour. $852 + RB total. Hope it keeps up.

I'm a bit worried about 25nl though. Over 156k hands I have been running at 3.61 ptBB/100. I really think I'm on a 150k hand heater, I keep hitting sets against overpairs, getting aces/ kings in good preflop, and two outering people. If I go back to normal luck my hourly rate willshoot down and stuff like that. I must try moving up to 50nl, it's just that I feel very comfortable at this level. So many donks to exploit, and regs too. Virmos is an utter cunt, scuse the language. He's a reg, but such a nit. 12/3 or something like that. One day he minraises my c-bet, I fold, and he goes on to abuse me of being an idiot bad player. This got to me and I challenged him to a few $100 heads ups. He said nothing and I've been abusing him ever since. It was just that it was unprovoked, and we had been playing fine together for a few weeks before he said this. I had a nice hand with him a few days ago:

Poker Stars $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em - 7 players - http://www.thehandconverter.com/hands/30877
The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

SB: $11.25
BB: $7.70
UTG: $49.30
Virmos: $25.00
MP: $47.80
CO: $25.30
Hero (BTN): $25.35

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with Ks 8h
1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, calls $1.15, 1 fold, Virmos calls $1

Flop: ($4.00) 5s Kd 3h (3 players)
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $2.75, SB folds, Virmos raises to $6, Hero calls $3.25

Turn: ($16.00) Ac (2 players)
Virmos bets $7, Hero calls $7

River: ($30.00) Jc (2 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

I take it down.


Fucking idiot, minraising me again. I just wasn't folding to this prick, despite the ace on turn and my terrible kicker.

3 comments:

  1. Haha cool blog man. I play for a livin also and I know how much bad runs suck :-). Keep it up and you'll be playing on Railheaven in no time.

    If you want to check it out my blog is nlcashpoker.blogspot.com or hit me up on AIM: BMW140.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many tables do you play at once mate? That's ashit load of hands to get through!

    Nice heater though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 24, all fast so I fly through em.

    ReplyDelete