Saturday, April 4, 2009

A few cool articles + Live Tourney Updates

As many as you may have guessed, the last post was an april fool. And I made many the april fool out of you all. Hopefully. Will and Dougie were caught anyway, although Douglas maintains he knew all along and was playin with me.

Haven't played much since last post, hour and a half just there. Made $60, with some bad luck and bad play. This hand is just awful, I was kinda on tilt.





I came across two interesting articles/blog posts in the last few days.

The first one here conveys a lot of views that I strongly agree with, its quite refreshing to find another person who shares my outlook on this topic. Another valid point in the argument of being rich vs. being "normal" is the old pronoun "money can't buy you happiness," a saying with which I totally agree. I grew up with a variety of people, some rich, some not so rich, and I fully believe that the better off friends of mine were no happier than the less well off. And this goes for all ages (I think).


This article outlines the five most essential aspects to becoming a successful poker player. I think I have four out of five of the qualities, the fourth quality being the one I lack. Although saying I have four out of five down kind of takes number five away from me. Ah well three aint bad.


As we speak I am playing in the supernova weekly tourney and this hand has just happened.


I though I recongnized his name so I looked up the villain on OPR here. Oh yeah, I pawned the number one on officialpokerrankings.com.

What a move with that 69, I like that hand for some reason I just can't put my finger on. You know, 69, can't put my FINGER on(in) it . Oh the hilarity.



Just made money there in the VIP tourney, $75 for top 270. There is 265 left, I have 9.9k, blinds are 400/800. I'll give updates as I go.

Card dead. 8.7k.

The average has only 11 bb's now, as blinds have gone up to .5/1k. Not long now I would imagine.

7k. Got moved so missed SB, nice.


Folded A8 to an all in. Maybe shuda gone.

All in j6.......marginal call by another shortie with A7.....and I'm out. $90. Dissapointing, but happy with a free $90.

No comments:

Post a Comment